Create a Digital Signature from within an Adobe document which requires a digital signature
This document describes how to create a digital signature within an Adobe PDF document which requests or requires a digital signature.
Open a PDF file which requires a digital signature. Navigate to the digital signature field in the file to create your digital signature. The digital signature field is easily identified by the red signature flag which will be displayed in the upper left corner of the field, as demonstrated in the image below.
- Click in the digital signature area to sign the document. You're prompted to either create a digital signature, or to use one you've already created.
- If you do not have a digital signature select the option "A new digital ID I want to create now", and then click Next.
- You will be prompted to Add a digital ID. Select the option "Windows Certificate Store" and click Next.
- Enter you identity information which will be included when your self-signed digital certificate is generated . Complete all data dialogue boxes, and click Finish.
- When you have a digital signature stored you can click in the signature area of a PDF file and a "Sign Document" window will open . The signature you created will be displayed. Click "Sign" to add your digital signature to the document.