ADM - Install Microsoft Visio Professional 2013
People located at the UW Colleges campuses (with the exception of ONL) and Cooperative Extension employees (with the exception of those Central Administration employees for whom CITS supports their desktop computer) should send their requests for MS Visio to their Campus or Division IT Department.
Microsoft Visio Professional 2013 is now available to UW Colleges and UW Extension Employees.
UW Colleges and UW Extension Central Administration employees as well as UW Colleges Online employees who want MS Visio installed on their computer should submit a request ticket to the CITS Service Center. The contact information for the CITS Service Center can be found in item 7 below.
When the CITS Service Center receives a request ticket for MS Visio it will be added to the requester's available software applications in the SCCM Application Catalog-Software Center.
When the requester receives notification that Visio has been added to their Software Center they should complete the following steps to install MS Visio 2013 onto their computer.
NOTE: The installation process will only work on a PC directly connected to the UWCX network. Thus if the computer is a laptop it must be seated in the dock in your office to install Visio 2013 successfully.
1. Click here to open the Application Catalog webpage and Log in using your network ID. (As demonstrated in the image below).
NOTE: The SCCM Application Catalog webpage can also be accessed by clicking the link located in the Software Center on the upper top right corner.
2. Highlight the MS Visio 2013 software and click the Install button in the lower right corner as seen below.
3. Agree to the installation prompt.
4. The application will install displaying the progress in the Software Center. If your Software Center does not open click start and type “software center” and click ‘return’ to open the application.
5. The install will take 15-25min, you can continue to work as the software installs.
6. If you are prompted for a reboot please follow the on screen instructions.
NOTE: To avoid any problems it is recommended you reboot your computer before using Visio 2013.
7. Please report any issues to the CITS Service Center.
Phone: (608) 262-1736
Web Form: http://cits.uwex.uwc.edu/service-center-web-form