Independent Learning Print Courses
How to access course information and submit assignments in IL print courses
When you register for an IL print course, you will find what you need in your IL Student Account.
Your assignments can be found there in the course guide and you will upload assignments within your IL Student Account as well.
Having difficulty submitting an assignment?
- Are you trying this on a mobile device like a phone or tablet? Try using a laptop or desktop.
- Try a different browser. Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox typically work well with our systems. Some students prefer to use Safari, Microsoft Edge, or another browser type. If you are experiencing difficulties, it is always worth trying a different browser as some work better with different systems.
- Check the size of the document. Larger files take a long time to upload and may cause the site to time out.
- You will also want to be sure the type of document you are uploading is one that is accepted: .doc, .pdf, .csv, etc.
- Check your internet speed and connection. If your internet connection is slow or inconsistent, you will have a hard time uploading the assignment
- If your connection is inconsistent, try plugging into your router physically, rather than connecting via Wi-Fi.
- If your internet connection is slow, try connecting on a faster network like at a public library.
- If you do not know your internet speed, simply search "internet speed test" on your preferred search engine. Many have speed tests that appear automatically. Simply click "Start" or "Run Speed Test" to begin.