KB User's Guide - Users Tab - Viewing, Modifying and Deleting Users
This document explains how to modify users in the KB Admin Tools, and what to do if a user needs to be removed.
Viewing a User
Click on the Users tab which defaults to the Existing Users: Active Users screen. You can view all your users or you may use the filters to limit your query.
- Find - You may search for users by NetID, Domain, Name, Email or Subject area.
- User status/ rights - This dropdown filter defaults to Active users and includes; Admin users, All users, Users with Publish rights, Inactive users.
- User access group - This dropdown filter defaults to All user access groups and includes No user access groups and will list all your user access groups.
- Limit - This dropdown filter defaults to 25 entries per page and goes up to 800 entries.
- Go - Once you make your filter selection(s), click on the Go button to execute your search.
Modifying a User
- Click on the Users tab which will lead you to the Existing Users: Active Users screen. This screen defaults/displays all users with a check in the Active checkbox. In the image below, the User status/ rights dropdown filter which defaults to Active, is circled in red. You may select Admin users, Users with Publish rights or Inactive Users to narrow your search.
- Find the user whose permissions you want to modify.
- Modify the user's permissions by checking/unchecking the permission checkboxes.
- Click on the Update button at bottom of page.
Deleting a User
- Click on the Users tab which leads you to the Existing Users: Active Users screen.
- Find the user who you would like to delete.
- Click in the More button at the far right of the row of the user to be deleted. In the image below, the More button is circled in red.
- Clicking on the More button will lead you to the Selected User screen and User Attributes table.
- At the bottom of that table, you may see one or all of the following "Transfer" buttons, which you must process through before you can remove the user:
- You will see a Remove User from the Group button and/or a Remove User from the System button, depending on whether they have access to more than one KB group space and which space is set as their default. For more information on the difference between these, please see:
- When you click on one of these button, a message will appear asking if you are sure you want to delete the user.
- When you do click on the Yes button. You will receive a confirmation message; "email@example.com has been removed from this group space".
Batch User Removal
- If you have a list of users who need to be removed, go to the Users tab and click on the Batch User Removal link.
- This will lead you to the Batch User Removal screen.
- To remove users from your KB group space: enter the domain name, a pipe delimiter and then the NetID of each user. Only one user per line.
- Click on the Remove Users button.
- Users who have content in your KB group space will not be removed. You will need to Transfer Ownership of those documents first.
- Users who do not have content in your KB group space and who have your KB group space as their default group will be removed from the system.