Topics Map > IT
Office 365 University Support
This page includes local and linked support resources for installation of Office 365.
This is Microsoft's main customer support area, and you should start here for most issues: Microsoft Customer Support
- Problems with installing Office 365 University
- Error: “Something went wrong and we can't sign you in right now” when trying to install Office 2013: Office Support Article
- Problems signing in to Office 365 subscription (Macintosh)
- If you type your email address incorrectly or use a non-.edu email address when setting up your Microsoft account, you will need to call Microsoft to fix it. Call the Microsoft support team at 1-800-936-5700 Monday through Friday 7am - 11pm, Saturday through Sunday 8am - 5 pm Central Time.
- The software is asking for a 27-character key and the key I received when I purchased Office 365 is only 25 characters.
- Go back to this page: Academic Microsoft Office Key and enter your 25-character key. Do NOT click the "click here" link on that page.
- Why do I get an error message that this Product Key has already been used?
- An Office 365 University Product Key is used only once to set up your Microsoft account. If the Product Key has already been used, go to the Microsoft Sign-in Page and sign in with your Microsoft account to install or reinstall Office.
- I’m eligible based on the Office 365 University eligibility requirements, but the Academic Verification Engine is saying that I’m not verified. How do I verify to activate Office?
- On the academic verification page, you should choose the "Get verified through my School" option. If your school is not listed, you can still verify your eligibility by contacting Microsoft (click on the "Contact Support" link on the bottom of Academic Microsoft Office Key for manual verification).
- Also, please note that the name of your school in Microsoft's verification tool may be listed differently than what you're used to seeing. If you don't immediately see your school listed, try variations of the name.
- I forgot my username or password. How can I access my Microsoft account?
- If you forgot your username or password, go to the Microsoft Sign-in Page and click on the “Can’t access your Microsoft account?” link.
- Some customers have reported that the Safari web browser does not work for the sign-up and/or installation process. If you're using Safari and having issues, please consider using a different browser, such as Firefox.
- I've entered my 25-character key, verified my academic status, and signed up for a Microsoft account, but I can't find where to download Office.
- Log in to your Microsoft Skydrive
- Click on the "Manage storage" link in the lower left corner of that page.
- On the page that opens, if Office 365 is associated with your Microsoft account, you will see an Office 365 line item such as:
Office 365 Subscription 20 GB
with a "View" button to the right of it. When you click on that button, a new page will open with a green "Install" button you can click to initiate installation of Office 2011 or Office 2013.