Office 365 - Student FAQ
This document covers frequently asked questions for students using Office 365.
• Internet Explorer 8 or above
• Latest Firefox
• Safari 5 or above
• Latest Chrome
Microsoft Outlook Client Requirements:
• Outlook 2013
• Outlook 2010 with Service Pack 1
• Outlook 2007 with Service Pack 3
• Outlook for Mac 2011 with Service Pack 3
Do students need to purchase Office 365?
No, Microsoft is hosting the application and is free to use.
How do I reset my Outlook 365 account password?
Changing your Outlook 365 account password should always be done through the UW Colleges password reset page.
How do I access my student email and documents I’ve saved to my OneDrive?
1. UW Colleges Outlook 365 Account - This account will be used to access your UW Colleges student email. Click here to log in to your student email account.
- Students that had UW Colleges Campus accounts before August 7, 2013:
- Microsoft’s migration process separated your Outlook mail account from your OneDrive. Your OneDrive is now accessed through your Personal Microsoft Account which can be logged into with the same email address and password as your UW Colleges Outlook 365 Account.
- See This Video for more information.
2. Personal Microsoft account - This account will give you access to all existing personal OneDrive content and other Microsoft services. Click here to log in to your personal Microsoft account, including OneDrive.
How do I reset my Personal Microsoft Account password?
If you choose to change your personal Microsoft account password, visit the Microsoft reset portal webpage. The UWCX Service Center cannot reset passwords for this account.
New Students may create a Microsoft Account and Gain access to their own 1TB OneDrive by going to the Microsoft Account Signup page.
I’m running Windows Vista or Windows XP. Will I have any limitations?
Outlook 365 supports Windows Vista and Windows XP for most web-based functionality. However, connectivity to the services cannot be assured while using these older Operating Systems. If you can’t upgrade to a modern operating system, please make sure you have deployed all service packs and automatic updates from Microsoft. UW Colleges Service Center recommends updating your operating system. As of April 2014, Windows XP has discontinued support.
What is my mailbox quota with Outlook 365?
With Outlook 365, you will have 25GB of available email storage. Outlook 365 allows attachment sizes up to 20MB.
What is my email address?
Your UW Colleges email address will be a combination of your name and a generated ID followed by @students.uwc.edu. For example - if your name is Mary Jones and the last four digits of your system generated ID is 1234, your email address will be: JONEM1234@students.uwc.edu
How do I login into Outlook 365?
The recommended method to access your Outlook 365 account is to login through the UW Colleges portal page with your username (i.e. JONEM1234) and UW Colleges password.
Why is Office 365 is automatically signing in with the wrong password?
If you use a computer you personally didn't log into, Office 365 still tries to use the password that was used to initially log into the computer (possibly a different student). Please use this link to sign into Microsoft Online
Can I forward or redirect my mail to another account?
Yes, by following the steps provided in How to forward email in Outlook 365 you can easily have mail redirected to any account you choose.
What if I delete an item from my Deleted Items folder by mistake?
When you delete a message it is moved to your Deleted Items folder. If you empty or delete the message from your Deleted Items folder you have up to 14 days to restore items. By highlighting and right clicking the Deleted Items folder you will have the option to choose Recover Deleted Items.
Will Outlook 365 work on mobile devices?
Yes, the Outlook 365 email & calendaring solution will work on most mobile devices. However, the functionality of some features may be limited compared to the web version. To find out details on mobile device compatibility please visit Microsoft’s Outlook 365 Mobile Device Comparison Website.
Additional mobile device setup instructions can be found on Outlook Web App Help.
Are there accessibility features in Office Web Apps?
Microsoft Office Web Apps include features that make the software accessible to a wider range of users. This includes those who have limited dexterity, low vision, or other disabilities. Additional information can be found at Accessibility Features in Office Web Apps.
How do I get help?
• Contact your local Help Desk or Network Administrator
• Contact the UW Colleges’ Service Center @ (888) 893-9892 or (608) 262-5034