First-time-user - Password Reset Portal Instructions
This document describes provides detailed directions for the First-time-user process on the UW Colleges and UW Extension Password Reset Portal website.
If you should receive and error or have a question in regard to the process documented, please contact the UWCX, CITS-Service Center between the hours of 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday at: Toll Free: 888/893-9892 | Local (Dane County WI): 262-5034
for future use). The following window will open. Click on the First-time User
2) Enter the requested information and then click on the Submit button.
2a) If the information you enter doesn’t match the database you will get an error message,
represented by the image below.
2b) If you had previously established security questions you will receive a message to that effect, represent by the image below. Go back to step 1, and enter your NetID in the Username field, and then click on the Next button
NOTE: If you've forgotten the answers to your security questions, call the Service Center at:
Toll Free: 888/893-9892 | Local to Madison WI: 262-1736.
3) You will be asked to select 3 to 5 security questions and provide answers. When done, click on
the Submit button. NOTE: Security Answers are case sensitive.
4) Enter a new password; be sure to follow the password restriction criteria listed in the window. Select your new password using the criteria identified.
• Must be a minimum of 8, and a maximum of 16 characters
• May not contain your user name
• Must use at least three of the four characters types identified below:
UPPER CASE, e.g., A, B, C, …, X, Y, Z
Lower case, e.g., a, b, c, …, x, y, z
Numbers, e.g., 1, 2, 3, 4, …
Special characters /, [, @, #, $, %, &, !, and *
When you've decided on a password, enter it in the New password dialogue box, then verify your new
password by re-entering it in the Verify new password dialogue box, and click Submit.
5) If your password meets the security criteria and the two password entries match you will receive confirmation that your password was changed, represented by the image below. Click on the Close button.
For security, the browser window will close.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ
You may only complete the First-time-user setup process once. The next time you come to the Portal to change your password, into the User Name dialogue box you will type your user name, then click Next
. If you have forgotten your user name click on the Forgot your user name
? link. You will be prompted to answer two of the Security questions you selected during the First-time-user process. Upon answering the Security questions correctly, your User name will be displayed, and can reset your password.
2. Your password will expire 365 days from the date you complete the First-time-user setup process. We suggest you configure a reminder in your Outlook calendar to reset your UWCX account password, approximately 350 days past the date you've set up your account.