Topics Map > IT
Microsoft Home Use Program
This document provides employees with the steps necessary to get the Microsoft Home Use Program.
Microsoft offers a Home Use Program (HUP) that allows employees to get the latest version of Microsoft Office Professional Plus on their home computer through a low-cost download. This program will include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, Publisher, InfoPath, and Lync.
In order to place an order for HUP, you must:
- Be an active employee of UW Colleges or UW Extension.
- Have a valid UW Colleges or UW-Extension email address.
- Know the company’s Program Code.
- Use an accepted form of payment.
Please also note:
- Eligible customers are allowed to purchase ONE license of either Office Professional Plus or Office for Mac.
- The functionality of the products available matches those of retail versions and provide all the benefits you would receive if you bought it at the store.
- Your right to use this software is tied to UW Colleges & Extension’s continued Software Assurance coverage and your continued employment with UW Colleges or UW-Extension. Your IT staff will notify you if the Software Assurance coverage expires.
Access the Microsoft HUP Web Site
- Go to http://hup.microsoft.com/ and select the country to which you want your order to be shipped and the language for viewing the ordering site.
- Enter your UW Colleges or UW Extension e-mail address and the program code, then click on the green SUBMIT button.
- The program code for Extension is 58208E84E8.
- The program code for Colleges is 49BF9E95F4.
- Employees that use @uwex.uwc.edu in their email address MUST use @uwex.edu on this page.
- NOTE: This code is for the sole use of Colleges and Extension. You may not share this number with anyone.