Website - Troubleshoot Browser Issues
This document identifies Internet browser and browser setting troubleshooting steps which should be taken when issues are encountered on UW Colleges or UW Extension websites.
Make the following changes one at a time to troubleshoot UW Colleges and UW Extension website issues within your Intenet Browser application. After you've implemented a change test it to see if the problem is resolved. If not continue on to the next change recommeded in the list below.
1. If the information is available check to see if you are using a supported or recommended Internet browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) and version for the website/web application with which you are having issues. If you, are not using a supported browser/version switch to one of the supported Internet browsers.
2. Clear the cache, cookies, and active X filtering in the Preferences section of your Internet browser.
3. If you have a pop-up blocker enabled in your browser, add the website to the list of sites for which pop-ups are always allowed.
5. In your Internet browser's Security settings add the website to the Local Intranet Sites (preferred), or Trusted Sites.
6. If you are using Internet Explorer 10 or 11 setup Compatibility View for the website.
If the problem(s) persists after you've attempted all the recommended changes listed above, contact the CITS Service Center for assistance. Our contact options are identified here; http://cits.uwex.uwc.edu/get-support