Using the Application Catalog
This document shows users how to download applications from the Application Catalog.
How To Install a New Application via Application Catalog
1. In order to access the Application Catalog, please visit this site.
2. When downloading any application from the Application Catalog, you must first log in using your username and password.
3. After you have logged in, you may then select the program you want to download.
4. Once you have selected your desired application, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "install."
Note: Some applications may require approval before you can install them. If your desired app requires approval, instead of "Install," the button will read "Request." This simply means an approval request will be sent to the administrator to approve your download.
5. After installation has been completed, you are free to use your new software!
Q: When should I use the Application Catalog?
A: Whenever you need a new application! The best time to allow your application to download is during a break or meeting, like your lunch break. That way, you give the application enough time to download without using other features on your computer.
Q: Why is it taking so long for my application to download?
A: This could simply be an issue of a large file, or even a slow network. If you are also using a personal HotSpot, this could be contributing to the slowness of your download. Using a personal HotSpot can also consume large amounts of data, so it is suggested you use a network when downloading large files.
Q: My software isn't downloading! What do I do?
A: First, try following these steps again to simply try re-downloading the software, as it might have been a computer error the first time. If that still doesn't work, contact the Service Desk to help you with any problems you experience.