Installing Office 365 on your iPad
This document shows users how to download Office 365 on your iPad, and how to set it up with your organization's subscription.
Installing Office 365 for your iPad is very simple. Follow these few steps to install Office 365 with your business or school's subscription. There are also a few tips and tricks provided to make the installation process as smooth and easy as possible.
1. Go to the App Store on your iPad and search for Office 365 in the search bar. Select the first option that comes up.
2. Once you have brought up the apps for Office 365, make sure you are only downloading ones that are by Microsoft Corporation. Otherwise, they will not be the right version, or even part of Office 365.
Note: The apps for Office 365 will all be FREE.
3. Once you have selected to download the Office apps, you will be prompted to enter your Apple ID and password. Then your apps will begin to download.
4. Open one of the Office 365 apps after it has finished downloading. Since this is the first time accessing your apps, you will need to select the Sign In option that will appear.
5. You will then be prompted to enter your organization email. This should be registered with your organization's subscription.
6. After you have entered your email, you will need to type it in again, along with your password that is registered with your work or school.
7. You have successfully logged in! Some organizations only allow their subscribers to view documents, not edit them. If your organization is one of these, this window and notification will appear. You can view any saved documents for free, and any other saved document someone else sends you.
Signing into Lync can be slightly confusing. It will often pop up with a message that your server is not recognized. To fix this, simply click on Show Advanced Options on the sign in page. Then, in the first "user name" box under advanced options, type in your organization email again exactly as it appears above in the sign in section. This should fix any sign in problems you may be having.
Below are a few homescreen displays for your new Office 365 apps.
If you are continuing to have problems downloading or installing your Office 365 apps, you can either contact the CITS Service Desk by filling out a web form or calling (608) 262-5034 to talk to a Service Desk Representative. Otherwise, you can reference the Microsoft Website by visiting this link.