How to Add a Network Printer in Windows 7
This tutorial will show you how to add a printer that is connected through the network to your computer.
1. Click on the ‘Windows icon’ to open the Start menu and then click on the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
2. Click on the ‘Add a Printer’ button.
3. Select the ‘Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
4. Click on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
5. Click in the circle next to ‘Find a printer in the directory, based on location or feature’ to select it and then click on the Next button.
6. Type in a portion of the printer name in the Name: field and then click on the Find Now button. Any printers starting with the characters you typed will be listed.
Note: The easiest way to find the name of the printer you are looking for is to look on either the front or the top of the printer. A name should be listed there, usually consisting of numbers and letters along with the brand name.
7. Click on the printer you want to install to highlight the item and then click on the OK button.
8. The printer will begin the installation process; you will be notified that the printer has been successfully added. Click on the Next button to continue.
9. You will be prompted to print a test page. Click on the Print a test page button. This option is recommended to verify you have installed the correct printer and that you can print successfully.
10. The following window will display. Check the printer for the test page. If the test page printed successfully click on the Close button.
11. Click on the Finish button.