Topics Map > IT
How to Set Up an Email Account with Apple Mail
There has been a reported issue when users attempt to set up their exchange account in the Mail app on apple computers. The application has been crashing once the users have tried to log in. Follow these steps to fix this set up problem.
This document shows users how to set up a mail account on their apple computers, and fixes the issue of sudden crashing out of the program when users attempt to set up their email.
1. First, before you do anything, turn off any wifi or internet connections, This includes unplugging an ethernet cable if that is what you are using.
2. After you have disconnected all internet connectivity, go into Preferences > Internet Accounts and click your mail option. Set up the same way you would before.
3. However, a new window will appear at the end of set up. This window will ask you to enter your server name manually.
- For Office 365 users, your server name will be outlook.office365.com
- For other internet email users, your server name is generally the name of the website up in the address bar. If you are unsure, you can do a google search.
4. Before you click OK, turn all your internet connectivity back on again.
5. After you have clicked OK, your set up should be successful.
If you still run into problems and you have followed these steps, please contact the Service Desk by web form or phone, at (608) 262-5034