Sharepoint Site Continously Prompting for User Credentials
When browsing a Sharepoint site, if you are continually being prompted for user ID and password, the following procedure should resolve the issue.
Please note: This procedure is only for use with Internet Explorer. Currently there is not a workaround for other browsers in regards to having to repeatedly enter credentials.
1. Open the intranet site in Internet Explorer - enter credentials when prompted.
2. With the intranet site open, click on the settings icon and select Internet Options from the drop down menu.
3. In the Security tab, Select Local intranet and click on the Sites button.
4. Click on the Advanced button.
5. The URL for the sharepoint site should be already filled in under Add this website to the zone:. If it is not type it in. Click Add and the URL should then be listed under Websites as shown below:
6. Click Close, click OK, click OK. This Sharepoint site should no longer prompt for a UserID or Password when browsing.