Topics Map > IT
Office 365 - Distribution Group Management
Migration to Office 365 for Email and Calendaring has changed how Distribution Group owners will manage their distribution lists. This document describes what tools are needed, and how distribution groups are managed in Office 365.
NOTE: Network Admins can still manage Distribution groups within the Exchange management console.
If a Network Admin wants to run the new Groupman tool they must press and hold the Shift key + Right click on the Groupman icon, and then "Run as" with their admin account.
Distribution Group Owners must first create a shortcut to the Group Manager application, Groupman, which is located at \\citpsrv001v\groupmanager\groupman.exe.
To add a user to the group:
1. Click on the Groupman icon. The application opens and displays the names of the groups you own.
2. Double click on a ‘Group Name’ and the members will display along with tabs to ‘Add’, ‘Remove’ and ‘Export Member List’.
3. Select ‘Add’ to add a new person. Type in ‘first.lastname’ and select ‘Add’.
To delete a user from the group:
1. Highlight the name of the member you want to remove and click on ‘Remove’.
2. When the confirmation pop-up appears. select either ‘Yes’ to keep the changes or ‘No’ to cancel the changes
3. An ‘Operation Complete’ pop-up appears.
4. Select either ‘Show Details’ or ‘Close’.
***According to a Microsoft article members of groups are not stored in the offline GAL which means changes to distribution groups may take up to an hour to display. The updates will appear after the next sync takes place.