D2L (Brightspace) - Submitting Quiz Attempts on Behalf of Students
Sometimes students complete a quiz but exit without submitting their attempt. It is possible for instructors to view and submit those quiz attempts on behalf of the student(s).
IMPORTANT NOTE: This must be done after the quiz period has ended, or it could interfere with students currently taking the quiz.
- Go to the D2L course, then go to Activities > Quizzes> Manage Quizzes.
- From the Manage Quizzes list, click the black arrow to the right of the desired quiz, and select Grade. The list of completed student quiz attempts appears.
- To locate students who have not submitted their quiz attempt, select Users with attempts in progress from the Restrict to dropdown menu.
- Then, click on the magnifying glass to the right of the search box (located a bit above the Restrict to dropdown menu).
- If results display, you will see the attempt list with an In Progress notification and an Enter Quiz as User icon.
- Click the Enter Quiz as User icon:
- Choose Yes to confirm.
- The student's attempt will open. If desired, review the quiz answers in that attempt.
- Submit the quiz on the student's behalf by clicking Go to Submit Quiz, found at the bottom of the list of questions.
- Confirm the submission if asked, or click Exit Impersonating if you decide not to submit the quiz of the student's behalf.
- If you chose to submit the attempt, you will be returned to the list of unsubmitted attempts for that quiz.