D2L (Brightspace) - Editing Course Titles
Instructors can change how the titles of their courses display in D2L.
The default title of UW Colleges courses in Desire2Learn (Brightspace) is simply the title from the course catalog (ex: Intro College Algebra). Many instructors want the D2L title field to contain enough information to tell a course apart from other sections or semesters of the same course. This would include the course number, section, number, and semester (ex: MAT 105 Intro College Algebra K001 FA15). Instructors can edit the D2L title field of their courses to add this information, or other information as desired.
Here's a video on how to do this:
Otherwise, you can follow these steps to edit a course title in D2L:
1) Log in to D2L (Brightspace) at https://d2l.uwc.edu
2) Search for the course by going to Select a course and entering the catalog number, course name, section number, or Prism number. Select the correct course from the list of results.
4) In the navigation bar at the top of the course page, go to Edit Course.
5) On the Course Administration page, go to Course Offering Information.
6) Edit the Course Offering Name. Add the course number, section number, and term (ex: MAT 105 Intro College Algebra K001 FA15 or ENG 102 Crit Write D051 F15).
One suggested format is this:
7) Click Save.