D2L (Brightspace) - Login Troubleshooting
UW Colleges users sometimes have trouble logging in to UWC's course portal, D2L (Brightspace). Here are the steps to resolving most common D2L login problems.
1) If you are brand new to UW Colleges and just registered for classes today (student) or were just assigned to courses today (instructor), please wait until tomorrow to log in. New users are automatically exported from PRISM to D2L overnight.
2) Verify that you're enrolled in class at one of the UW Colleges campuses or at UW Colleges Online. Students enrolled in the UW Flexible Option access D2L here.
3) Verify the URL of the page you're using to log in to D2L (https://d2l.uwc.edu/) and that you're using the large "LOGIN HERE" button.
4) Verify your username. For D2L, you use the same username you use for PRISM or UWC email. Student usernames follow this pattern: DOEJ1234 . Instructor and staff usernames follow this pattern: jane.doe.
5) Your password should be the same password you use for PRISM or UWC email.
Passwords are case sensitive.
If that doesn't work, you can use the Student/Faculty/Staff Password Change reset your password for all three systems.
6) If none of those things work, please submit a ticket to the Service Center at UW Colleges Central Information Technology Services. Please provide your:
- UWC email address
- phone number
- the name and course number of at least one course you're enrolled in
- a screenshot of the page you're getting stuck at or the exact text of the error message you're getting.