Topics Map > IT
Sync OneDrive for Business or a Site Library
How to sync a onedrive library
To sync OneDrive for Business or a team site library, we recommend opening the library in a browser and selecting the Sync option.
2. Go to the library you want to sync.
-If you want to sync OneDrive for Business, select OneDrive at the top of the page. Or, select the app launcher, and then select OneDrive.-If you want to sync a library in a team site, open the library in Office 365.
Tip - You can quickly find libraries in team sites you're following from OneDrive for Business. Select Site Folders in the Quick Action bar to show a list of sites you're following that contain libraries.
3. Select the Sync button.
Note - If you don’t see a Sync button, select the Library tab and then select Sync in the Connect & Export group.
Note - In OneDrive for Business, you may need to click Settings > Show Ribbon to show the Library tab.
4. At the prompt, click Sync Now to start the sync app wizard. The wizard automatically fills in the name and web address of the library.
5. Select Sync Now in the wizard to start syncing.
You can click Show my files... in the wizard to open the synced library folder in File Explorer. The folder is listed in your Favorites.If you synced OneDrive for Business, the library appears in File Explorer as either OneDrive - CompanyName or as OneDrive @ CompanyName.
You might see this in File Explorer...
When you're opening or saving an Office document, your screen looks similar to this:
If you synced a team site library, the library is listed in your Favorites in the SharePoint folder, and uses the name of the site library.
- I’m having sync problems. Please see Fix OneDrive for Business sync problems.
- What results should I expect when adding, editing, or deleting content in a synced library folder?
- I synced a library, but now I want to change where libraries get synced on my computer.
- I synced a library but I don’t know how to find it on my computer. Please see Find libraries you’ve synced on your computer.
- I want to make sure my synced library folders have all current updates from the server. Please see Manually sync a folder you’re syncing with a SharePoint library.
- I want to stop syncing a library.
Limits on syncing OneDrive for Business and site libraries
Note the following limitations related to syncing OneDrive for Business and other site libraries to your computer:
- You can sync up to 20,000 items in your OneDrive for Business library, including folders and files.
- You can sync up to 5,000 items in site libraries, including folders and files.
- In any library, you can download files up to 2 GB.