Topics Map > IT
Connecting to UW Colleges Secure wireless
The wireless network on the campuses for UW Colleges owned devices is hidden for security. Follow the steps below to connect
1. In the lower right of your screen, near to where the clock is, click on the wireless icon.
2. A list of wireless networks will appear, click on "Other Network.
3. Check the box next to "Connect automatically and click the Connect button
4. Next to Name type in UWC-Secure (this is case sensitive) Note: on the UW-Baraboo campus, use BRB-Secure. On the UW-Richland campus, use RLN-Secure.
5. At the Windows Security popup enter your ID (firstname.lastname) and password, these are the same as you use to sign in to your computer.
6. When the Windows Security Alert appears click on Connect.
7. At this point you should be connected to the network.