Topics Map > IT
Skype For Business - Meeting with Participants Outside the UW System
This document describes how a user from outside the UW System can join a Skype for Business meeting with Android or on the web.
- Create meeting through Microsoft Outlook
- Recipient will receive invite and should click on "Join Lync Meeting" link.
Important: This will prepare/configure settings prior to the actual meeting.
Recipients using Web Browser
- You will be prompted to download a Skype for Business Web App plugin.
- When Skype for Business Web App installation instructions appears, make sure to click Install Skype for Business We App plugin, which is required for audio, video, and screensharing.
- Follow the prompts to install the plugin.
- Once plugin has downloaded and installed return to your original invite email and click the Join Lync Meeting link.
Images and steps from http://chartall.co.za/faqs-for-webinars/
Recipients using Android devices
- Click on the Join Lync Meeting link.
- You will then be redirected to the Google Play Store (the app store), click on the Install button.
- Once installed, click on the Join Skype for Business Meeting link again.
- Click the 2nd option Join Meeting.