Set up email on an iPhone or iPad
Set Up Your Office 365 Account on Your iPhone or iPad
Follow these instructions to connect your iPhone to your UW Colleges and UW-Extension Office 365 email account.
- If this is the first email account on your iPhone, tap Mail. Otherwise, skip to step 2.
- Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- Fill in the required information.
- Leave the Domain box blank.
- Use your full email (ex. email@example.com) in the Email and Username boxes.
- Tap Next in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Your mail program will try to find the
settings it needs to set up your account. If it can’t be configured automatically:
- Under Incoming Mail Server, in the Host Name box, type outlook.office365.com.
- Under Outgoing Mail Server, in the Host Name box, type smtp.office365.com.
- Enter your username (your full email, ex. firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
- Tap Next.
- Choose the types of information that you want to synchronize between your account and your device, then tap Save. By default, Mail, Contacts, and Calendar information are synchronized.
- If you’re prompted to create a passcode, tap Continue and type a numeric passcode. If you don’t set up a passcode, you can’t view your email account on your iPhone. You can set up a passcode later in your iPhone settings.