D2L (Brightspace) - Inactivating Course Sections
University of Wisconsin Colleges instructors can turn off D2L sites that they don't need, such as lab or lecture sections.
Inactivating a D2L course site hides it from instructors and students, but leaves it archived in D2L in case it needs to be retrieved.
Before inactivating a D2L course site, ask yourself is you'd rather have it combined with another of your D2L sites. If you'd prefer a combined site, fill out the D2L Course Site Request Form and indicate which sites you'd like to have combined.
If you'd rather inactivate a course site, follow these steps:
1) Log in to D2L (Brightspace) at https://d2l.uwc.edu
2) Search for the course by going to Select a course and entering the catalog number, course name, section number, or Prism number. Select the correct course from the list of results.
4) In the navigation bar at the top of the course page, go to Edit Course.
5) On the Course Administration page, go to Course Offering Information.
6) Uncheck the Course is active box.
7) Click Save.
The course should now be gone from your list of courses, and your students will no longer see it.