Canvas - Migrating D2L Courses
Starting in Fall 2019, University of Wisconsin Colleges instructors need to move materials from their old courses on UWC's instance of D2L to their receiving institution's sub-account of Canvas. The last course materials need to be moved out of D2L by June 2020, when access to D2L will end.
Four Stages of Migration
- Course Content Migration guide (UW System) - overview of how the different areas of D2L and Canvas correspond, the things that migrate smoothly, and the things that do not
- Course Complexity Report (UW System) - a specific analysis of your past courses and where the migration challenges may be
- D2L Cleanup (UW Whitewater) - a guide to cleaning up your D2L courses so you don't move materials you won't need in Canvas
2) Export .zip from D2L
- D2L - How to Export an Entire Course (UW System) - step by step guide on how to export your D2L course materials into a package which will easily import into Canvas.
3) Import to Canvas sandbox
- Canvas - Importing D2L Materials to Canvas (Instructor) (UW Madison) - step by step guide on taking the result of Step C, above, and importing it into Canvas.
4) Move to Canvas production course
- How do I copy a Canvas course into a new course shell? (Instructure)