Self Service Password Enrollment FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions Guide:
How often do I change my password?
- Passwords expire every 180 days.
How will I know when my password expires?
- There are several ways you'll be notified, see the list below.
- When you enroll in the self service password portal, you will receive a calendar reminder. (You will need to accept the calendar event)
- You will begin to receive email reminders starting 10 days before your password expires.
- After enrolling you can login to the Self Service Password Portal and see your password expiration date.
- If you login to a campus computer a few days before your password expires. A notice on the login screen will indicating your password is going to expire soon.
Where do I go to change my password?
What is the password minimum length requirement?
- Passwords must be at least 8 characters long.
Does my password need special characters or numbers?
- There are some rules you'll need to follow when creating a password. Your password must contain 1 lowercase character, 1 uppercase character, 1 numerical character, and 1 special character.
When I enroll, do I have to setup questions and answers or use a mobile phone number?
- Setting up questions and answers are optional. Adding a mobile phone number is also optional. You will be required to provide an alternative email address.
I forgot my username or network ID?
- The following knowledge base article will assist, in locating your username or network ID. https://kb.uwex.uwc.edu/page.php?id=79023
Where can I find more information about the password policy?
- For more information on the password policy please visit the Central IT homepage. https://cits.uwex.uwc.edu/