KB User's Guide - SitePref Tab - Uploading a New Site Logo
You must have full administrative permissions in your space to perform these steps. This means access to the OwnerDocs, GroupDocs, SitePref, and Users tabs.
KB Admins, if you want to replace the group logo that displays in the upper left-hand corner of your internal and external KB sites, you can upload a new one under the SitePref tab. Follow the steps below.
If your KB site has the UW Theme for KB applied to it, please contact us at email@example.com with your specifications. We are happy to help.
Image File Formats
Using your preferred image-editing software, create/ update the existing KB Logo and store on your hard drive in one of the following formats:
Update Your KB Logo
- In the KB Admin Tools, navigate to the SitePref tab and select the FullView Layout/CSS link on the left.
- Find either the Internal or external panels and select the one to expand for the logo you are attempting to change:
- If you are updating the logo fixed center layout (i.e. the unique photo-based layout that you can optionally have enabled as your homepage), expand the Internal or External Site Landing Page Layout / CSS panel, and go to Internal or External landing page logo image path.
- If you are updating the logo for your main site layout, expand the Internal or External Site Non-Landing Page Layout / CSS panel, and go to Internal or External site logo image path.
- Click on the Upload link next to the appropriate field.
- A pop-up window will appear called Logo folder for your group space.
- Click on the Browse... button, navigate to the location of the updated KB Logo, and confirm the file to select it for uploading.
- The file will be uploaded automatically, displaying a confirmation message. After a second, the name of the image should now appear in the Image table below.
- Copy the image path from the pop up window (example: /images/groupXXX/logo) into the text field for the logo you want to update.
- Append that image path with the name of the image (example: /images/groupXXX/logo/updated_logo.png)
- Click on the Update button at the bottom of the page
- Navigate to the Live site and check the change to the logo you just made.