At any time, you may click on the triangle on the left of the Document Title to see the to see the Document Quickview (e.g. the entire content of the document) without leaving the Batch Update screen.
Determine Which Document Versions to Update
Choose documents versions of Draft and Active or documents versions that are only Drafts. A rubric is provided below to guide you through updating documents in holding a specific status.
Determine the Exact Fields to Update
Upon your selection, a text box with field-specific instructions will appear next to the field you have chosen to update. By not selecting any of the options from the dropdown menu, that field will remain unchanged.
- Title - Prepend, Append or Remove from
- Search Priority - Top, High, Normal, Low, Exclude from Search
- Page Header - change Header to "None". This dropdown menu will display all (if any) the headers in your group
- Page Footer - change Footer to "None". This dropdown menu will display all (if any) footers in your group.
- Keywords - Prepend, Append, Remove from
- Summary - Prepend, Append, Remove from
- Body - Prepend, Append, Remove from
- Internal Note - Prepend, Append, Remove from
- SeeAlso - Reset SeeAlso
- Type - Document, Template, Glossary
- Topics - Reset Topics (list of topics will appear with unchecked check boxes next to each topic)
If you are not finding what you need to make a Batch Change to Topics, please look at what our Batch Topic Assignment feature has to offer.
- Audiences - Reset Audiences
- WriteAccess - Reset WriteAccess
- ReadAccess - Reset ReadAccess
- SiteAccess- Reset SiteAccess, Add SiteAccess, Remove SiteAccess
- CampusAccess - No campus level restriction, Ext/Internal with campus login, Internal for all campus users
- Relevance - My Group / sharing groups, My Campus, My University System, Universal
- Status - In Progress, In Review, Active, Inactive, Trash
- Activation - Reset Activation Time
- Expiration - Reset Expiration
- Owner - This dropdown will display a list of your sub-site users
- FeedbackTo - Reset FeedbackTo
- MiscOptions - Reset MiscOptions
- Comment - This field is required and allows a maximum of 1200 characters.
We strongly encourage a detailed description here for record keeping purposes. This description will appear in the Show Comments and Events section of each document the Batch Update is applied. In the image below, the red arrow is pointing to a description detailing the nature of the Batch Update.
If you expand the Show Comments and Events section of one of the documents included in the Batch Update, you will see the description along with the name of the person who made the update, plus the time and date stamp.
Check Your Work and Submit
Once you have made your selection(s), we strongly encourage you to check the:
- document selection(s)
- document version selection
- field selection(s), especially if you chose the correct selection from the dropdown menus
- description of the Batch Update in the Comment field is detailed
Once you are certain all your selections are accurate, click on the Submit button.
Batch Update Greater than 100 Documents
On a final note, documents will be updated 100 at a time.
For example, if you choose to update 398 documents at once, 100 documents will be updated at one time, then the next set of 100, then the next set of 100 and then the remaining documents until all your updates are made.
Only 100 documents are updated at a time to manage the load on our servers.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need clarification on the Batch Update Tool.