Once the Attachment folder is populated, you are presented with a table of helpful information:
- No.- designates the number of the attachments in the table.
- Icon- indicates the type of file extension.
- Name/View- gives you the name of the file, clicking on this link allows you to view the file.
- Size/Kind- indicates the size of file.
- Download- clicking on this link allows you to download this document to your browser.
- Rename- clicking on this link allows you to rename your file ***please manually add the file extension.
The image below, the rename link was clicked presenting a field in which to enter the new name. Please enter the file extension first, enter the new name of the attachment and click on the rename button. The red arrow points at the field where the file extension *.png has been entered.
- Move- you may move this image into your KB's Shared Documents folder and/or your KB's logo folder.
- Delete- Check the checkbox to indicate the file(s) you wish to delete. Click on the Delete Selected button at the bottom of the table to delete your file.
- Modified (GMT)- indicates the time and date stamp your file was uploaded in Greenwich Meridian Time (GMT).
- In docs- Clicking on the Show link displays document ID numbers in which this image appears. Should the image not be placed in a document, you will see N/A.
To delete images or files in the this folder, simply click in the check box in the Delete column and then click on the Delete selected button. Or you may click on the the Select all button if you wish to delete all the images and files and then click on the Delete selected button.
To make a zip file of all or selected images/files, select the images and/or files you wish to zip by either clicking on the check boxes in the Delete column or click on the Select all button. Then click on the Zip selected for downloading button. The image below shows a PNG file,"esses". In order to zip this file, the check box next to the Delete box is checked (see red x). Then click the Zip selected for downloading button (see red box).
A pop up message will appear saying, "A .zip file will be created for you to download. /Click on the OK button to continue.
Once you have clicked on the OK button in the pop up message, a zip file with the file/files you selected will appear in the document attachment folder. The image below shows the document attachment folder for 52053 from our test KB site. The zip file link is circled in red. You may place this *.zip link in either Plain text or have open in a New Window (NewWin).
The *.zip file's naming standard is, the word
Download, plus the date/time/second stamp (
When you place the zipped link in the Body of your document the link will read:
To update the link text, switch into the HTML editor and look for the string:
<a href="/images/group41/36720/Download20150825182430.zip" title="Download20150825182430.zip">Download20150825182430.zip</a>
Update the instructional text as needed: \
<a href="/images/group41/36720/Download20150825182430.zip" title="Download20150825182430.zip">Please download this file prior to the presentation.</a>
- Note: See [Link for document 5544 is unavailable at this time.] for more information about embedding attachments in documents.