KB User's Guide - Assessment Tab - Dropbox
KB Admins can create a Dropbox for their users (e.g. trainees, students, etc.) to access or leave documents in a precise time window of the Admin's choosing.
From the KB Admin Tools, go to the Assessment tab > Dropbox Settings link.
This will lead to the Dropbox Settings screen. This screen presents a simple table for you to complete.
- Open time* - Defaults to current date and time. The Pick time link yields a small pop up where you can set another date and time. The Now link sets the date and time for the moment you clicked the Now link.(this is a required field as indicated by the asterisk)
- Close time* - Defaults to the year 3000. The Pick time link yields a small pop up where you can set another date and time. The Now link sets the date and time for the moment you clicked the Now link.(this is a required field as indicated by the asterisk)
- Allow file download - This field allows the Admin to control the whether users may or may not download files from their own dropbox.
- Allow file deletion - This field allows the admin to control whether users may or may not delete files in their own dropbox.
- Pick time - Clicking on this link results in a pop up calendar appearing. Click on a date and populate the Open time OR Close time field.
- Now - Clicking on this link auto populates the Open time OR Close time field to the present moment's year, month, date, hour, minute and second.
- Click on the Update button to save your work.
Dropbox in the Live Site
To access the Dropbox in the Live Internal site, enter the url in your browser:
- Including the word internal in the url is crucial as this feature is only available in the Internal Live site.
- Please replace YOURGROUPSITE in the url with the appropriate KB group name.
In the image below, the groupname is
kbGuide. The Dropbox is open for a limited time. Click on the Choose Files button to select the files your want to upload into the Dropbox. The Upload progress bar will let you know when the Upload is complete.
After uploading files, the number of files you have updated appears next to the Choose Files button. The file names that were uploaded into the Dropbox appear under the Upload button. In the image below, the 5 files that were loaded are circled in red.
From the KB Admin Tools, go to the Assessment tab > Dropbox Files link. You may search and view the files in the Dropbox. Please be mindful of the start and end date. Your files may be there, but may not fall in the range of the defaulted start and end date. Adjust the dates appropriately.
Search for specific files in your drop box using these search fields:
- File name - Enter a name of a file or part of a name
- User - Enter a whole user (e.g. the netID+ the domain name or email@example.com) or enter a partial string of the user
- User IP - Enter a whole or partial IP address
- Start Date - Adjust Start date as needed
- End Date - Adjust End date as needed
- Limit - Defaults to 25 items, but can be set from anywhere from 25 to 1000.
In the image below, a user has been selected and the start date and time has been adjusted from the defaulted date range. Note that the table below offers information such as File Size, File Path, UserIP address and the Uploaded date and time stamp. You may Download the file or Delete it.
From the KB Admin Tools, go to the Assessment tab > Dropbox Folder link.
This feature allows you to select the file(s) you wish to submit to the Dropbox. Please refer to the Image Uploading details here.
In the image below, the Assessment tab has been clicked on leading us to the Quiz/ Survey Module screen. In the left navigation bar, click on the Dropbox Folder link.
Clicking on the Dropbox Folder link leads a pop up screen called Dropbox Folder.
From this window, you may click on the Choose Files button to upload files. You can also manage the files be deleting some or all.You may also check on the boxes next to the files and Zip the selected for downloading.