Saving a Snapshot in Oracle VM VirtualBox
This document will walk you through how to save a snapshot of the KaliLinux and/or Metasploit virtual boxes in the Virtual Lab for your ITM 725 course. The final step shows how to delete one.
1. Log into the Virtual Lab for ITM 725.
2. Double-click the Oracle VM VirtualBox icon.
3. You will see the virtual boxes listed on the left.
4. Hover your mouse over the box you plan to snapshot, then click the three lines that appear to the right of the virtual box name and click "Snapshots."
5. To take a snapshot, click "Take" in the top left corner of the virtual box snapshots window.
6. Name your snapshot and include any helpful information in the description. Then click "Ok."
7. You will see your snapshot in the snapshots window.
8. To delete a snapshot, click on the snapshot you would like to delete. Then click "Delete" in the top left corner of the snapshots window.